Location: Twinsburg, OH
The Coil Repair Technician’s primary responsibility is to perform the mechanical repair and cleaning of MRI RF coils.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Identifies workflow requirements with input from Supervisor, Repair Center and Manager, Repair Center.
- Sanitizes coils using approved cleaning agents.
- Performs mechanical troubleshooting and repair of MRI coils, which may include restoring plastic covers using adhesives and fillers and painting to address cosmetic defects
- Generates appropriate QA reports for each repair performed.
- Completes support tasks such as preparing cable and component subassemblies using manual and automatic cable strippers and hand soldering.
- Maintains a physically organized and accurate inventory.
- Follows all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Repair Center.
- High school diploma, or GED is required.
- 1-2 years prior mechanical repair experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Ability to physically work in high magnetic fields of up to 3 Tesla, which could dangerously effect any implanted medical devices made of ferrous material, potentially causing serious injury and/or death.
- Ability to work in repair lab and warehouse environments
- Good manual dexterity for tasks such as detailed cleaning
- Ability to stand for extended periods, bend and kneel periodically
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to use PPE as needed is required.
- Prior experience with mechanical restoration desired.
- Must have high attention to detail and bias towards high quality work
- Must be able to work overtime as assigned
- Must be highly self-motivated to work with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Basic PC literacy required
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to