Coil Repair Technician II position performs electrical, mechanical and cosmetic repair of medical devices, including MRI coils, cold heads used to maintain cryogenic temperatures, printed circuit boards, ultrasound equipment, service and installation test equipment, and other devices/systems serviced by HMSA. Extensive troubleshooting and investigative skills are required along with the ability to follow work instructions and generate QA documentation as required in an FDA regulated industry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs electrical, mechanical and cosmetic repair of medical devices, components and testing equipment per established work instructions. Setup and scan coils for SNR on MRI systems as needed.
- Follows the appropriate inventory management practices for the area.
- Works with team members to quickly adjust priorities to address urgent service issues.
- Conducts equipment preventative maintenance.
- Completes appropriate QA documentation for each repair performed.
- Follows all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Associates degree in electronic/electrical engineering; or equivalent offsetting experience.
- Knowledge and experience in design, installation, service and maintenance of complex mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Medical imaging or RF device background highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability at operating tools and test equipment desired.
- Demonstrated soldering proficiency desired.
- PC troubleshooting & PCB modification experience preferred.
This position typically works in an electronic lab setting:
- Good manual dexterity required
- Good visual acuity required
- Sitting: This activity occurs frequently and prolonged/repetitively.
- Lifting: Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. to shoulder level unassisted
- High Magnetic Fields: Ability to physically work in high magnetic fields of up to 3 Tesla. Magnetic fields at this level may dangerously effect any implanted medical devices made of ferrous material, potentially causing serious injury and/or death.
- Must follow all required safety rules and guidelines for the area, including wearing personal protective equipment
- Must have high aptitude for troubleshooting and repairing technical equipment, with high attention to detail and bias towards high quality work.
- Must be highly self-motivated, well organized, and capable of multitasking.
- Must be able to work overtime as assigned
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- PC literacy required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Qualified individuals should forward their resume to